Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Silk Route ....



I wonder why poeple prefer traveling by air especially once they have an oppurtunity to explore the nature's beauty....I drove all the way from Islamabad to Gilgit on KKH that counts for more than 600 Km's ...I happened to see how Taliban influence the Kohistan region,I happened to see how mercilesly the mountain bellies were cut to facilitate the future generations...I also came to know that each KM sacrificed a human life during the construction...spent some time at a point from where I could see Hamalaya-Karakoram and Hindokush meeting....Seen thousands of people being fed by this single highway...everyone has a reason to pray for those who planned and constructed this road.....after traveling by road i felt how helplessly one stares from a jet's window while enjoying a very restricted view......thanks to my dinky for helping me traveling all the way...and I would love to travel once again !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment